Outpatient Drug Rehab Near Me – Exploring How Outpatient Rehab Works and How to Locate a Local Rehab
In 2017, the United States saw a record number of drug-related overdose deaths; as many as 72,000 people died from preventable drug overdoses. In 2015, a mere 25 percent of people with a substance use disorder got treatment. When faced with an addiction, it may be hard to know if outpatient rehab is right for you, or even where to find quality treatment centers. In this article, we will explore how outpatient rehab works, its benefits over inpatient rehab, who generally uses it, and the best way to find an outpatient drug rehab near me.
Outpatient Rehab Defined
Before exploring how to find an outpatient drug rehab near me, we’ll take a closer look at what it actually is. For the purposes of this explanation, we will only look at effective types of outpatient addiction treatment for drugs and alcohol because some programs offer little more than addiction education.
An outpatient drug rehab near me is a program that is aimed at treating substance use disorder with evidence-based therapies that are recommended by the National Institute on Drug Abuse – similar to its inpatient counterpart but with one major difference: the individual seeking treatment can continue to live at home.
How Does Outpatient Rehab Work?
So, how does outpatient rehab work? Not all rehabs are exactly the same programs and tend to offer slightly different types of programs, which is beneficial in the treatment of substance use disorder because there isn’t a one-treatment-fits-all program – tailormade programs are an essential part of successful addiction treatment. In an intensive outpatient program (IOP), the National Institute on Drug Abuse says that they can have similar effectiveness than that of inpatient programs.
In general, the answer to the question “how does outpatient rehab work?” can be seen in the types of outpatient addiction treatment for drugs available. They are as follows:
- Individual counseling
- Treatment for co-occurring mental disorders
- Group-based counseling
- Recreational therapy
- Nutritional coaching
- Relapse prevention training
- Stress management
- Assertiveness training
- Skill development groups
- Family and couples’ therapy
- Psychoeducational groups
- Medical detox
- Medically-assisted therapy
- 12-step programs
A patient in an outpatient drug rehab near me may only partake in a few of the above-mentioned programs based on their assessment and the recommendations of the addiction specialist. As treatment progresses, other types of treatments may be introduced if the current methods aren’t proving to be as effective.
The Benefits of an Evening Outpatient Rehab Program
Outpatient addiction treatment for drugs is one of the most popular forms of treatment. This is because it provides people seeking treatment with several benefits – without which, treatment wouldn’t be possible for some.
The benefits that one would have when going for outpatient addiction treatment for drugs is as follows:
- Autonomy – The key benefit that outpatient rehab has is the freedom that it allows the recovering person. Many people believe that they are unable to get treatment for substance use disorder because their schedule and responsibilities don’t allow for it; however, in an outpatient drug rehab near me, you can maintain your autonomy because counseling and treatment programs can be scheduled to fit your schedule, allowing you to see to important things if your life such as childcare, work, or schooling.
- Access to a support network – People entering rehab are welcomed into a community of friendly, sober individuals in their area. You will meet and learn from others in the program, and be opened up to a social support network that could prove invaluable in your recovery.
- Affordability – Outpatient rehab tends to be more affordable than its inpatient counterpart, and often have greater insurance coverage.
- Privacy – While you may still want to disclose your treatment status, you have the option to carry on living a normal life while getting treatment without anyone being aware that you are getting treatment – if you so choose.
- Support from friends and family – During an inpatient program, people are often separated from their loved ones for days and weeks. In an outpatient program, you can still continue to get daily support from your loved ones as you progress through treatment.
Ideal Outpatient Candidates
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the ideal candidate for an outpatient rehab – specifically IOP – is a person who:
- Has ample support at home from friends and family.
- Has responsibilities that cannot be ignored, such as work.
A person meeting these requirements is therefore an excellent candidate for outpatient rehab programs. But outpatient rehab isn’t just used by people as their primary treatment solution; addiction recovery is a long-term process, and for some, the transition between inpatient rehab to their outside life can be daunting. As such, many recovering people that have just completed an inpatient program also use outpatient rehab as a way to help them transition while still having access to professional care.
As a continuum of care that helps with the transitional phase, outpatient rehab can be ideal.
Finding an Outpatient Rehab Near You
Finding the best evening outpatient rehab program near you can make all the difference when it comes to addiction treatment. But how do you find rehabs near you that can provide the type of intensive programs that are effective at addiction treatment?
One solution is to make use of the rehab locater on Better Addiction Care; we have gathered an extensive list of rehabs in every state and every city to help people locate the nearest effective rehab. Not only can you find a rehab near you, but you can explore the types of treatment programs they provide, what they specialize in, the types of insurance they accept, and more.
To gain access to the rehab locator, follow the steps below:
- On the right-hand side of the current page, scroll until you see “Search for Facility”
- You may then enter your city, state, zip code, or the name of the rehab you are searching for. Alternatively, click on the state you would like to see rehabs for.
- Searching for a state or selecting a state will bring you to the state’s rehab listings. Here you can search through the rehabs available further down on the page, or refine your search by selecting a city or county.
- Once you have a county or city selected, you can then browse through all of the rehab listings for that area. By selecting a rehab, you can see information about the services the rehab offers, and a number of other features of the rehab.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, get help right away. Make a phone call that will connect you to a professional drug treatment center. The call you make may save your life or the life of someone you love. Call us today at (800) 429-7690.