Alcoholism Treatment Options
Alcohol may start out as something casual that is only enjoyed every once in a while, but for some, one drink leads to multiple drinks, and at that point, everything heads downhill. While this is a difficult situation to be in, the good news is that there are several alcohol treatment options to choose from, making it possible for individuals to take advantage of customized treatment plans and find the right methods for dealing with an alcohol addiction.
If you are not sure what would be best for you, don't hesitate to call BetterAddictionCare and speak with a counselor. We work with a nationwide recovery network and can track down addiction recovery programs near you that are accepting new patients right away. Whether you'd be best served by luxury accommodations or outpatient counseling, we can help you find the alcoholism treatment options that would be best for you.
- Medically Assisted Detox: Once the body has become accustomed to alcohol, it can be tough to stop all at one time. Instead of trying to handle this alone, medically assisted detox is one of the treatment options for alcoholism that can help you get off to a successful start. It allows you to get the alcohol out of your system while the symptoms of withdrawal are treated in a safe and comfortable environment. Once you've gone through detox, you can focus on being able to get sober.
- Inpatient Treatment: At a residential treatment facility, you are able to stay in one place and start healing. There are several different alcohol addiction treatment options available within an inpatient facility, making it possible to get everything that you need to get and stay sober under one roof.
- Outpatient Treatment: If you've already completed an inpatient program, you may be interested in alcoholism treatment options that work on an outpatient basis. For many, this option is the perfect balance of being able to get the necessary help while still maintaining a life centered on family and responsibilities.
- Counseling: There are multiple reasons to pursue addiction counseling. In addition to being an educational experience that offers insight into alcoholism, it gives a person the ability to discuss feelings and behaviors that create problems in the journey to leave alcohol behind. This connection is completely confidential, giving patients some additional peace of mind as they discuss concerns as well as successes. This is one of the alcohol treatment options that can be part of multiple programs, including both inpatient and outpatient treatment plans.
- Support Groups: Talking to a counselor is helpful, but not all counselors understand what it means to give up alcohol. In support groups, participants are able to discuss their situation and get understanding from those who have been in a similar situation. These groups are great at any point in a person's addiction recovery journey. Many continue participation in these groups for years to keep up with the support and friendships they have created.
Are you struggling to find out which of the treatment options for alcoholism is right for you or a family member? BetterAddictionCare understands how overwhelming it can be to find the right help. Fill out our contact form and we'll work with you to not only sort out the different alcohol addiction treatment options near you but work with your private insurance to help cover the cost.